Steve Jobs once said: “When you grow up you tend to get told that the world is the way it is … Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact: Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it, you can influence it. Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.”
Diving deep into the unknown is always scary. There are a number of reasons why people choose to become entrepreneurs over the more traditional route of becoming employees.
According to a study by HubSpot, here are some of the top reasons:
- More Ownership Of Your Success – As an entrepreneur, everything the company achieves is associated with you, thus making you a successful person. Your company gets funding? You did it. The company gets record-breaking sales? You did it. Everyone recognizes you in the industry? You did it. Clearly, there are benefits for leading something on your own.
- More Flexibility – You will work hard, but there’s much more flexibility to the entrepreneurial lifestyle than the traditional nine to five hustle that corporate life provides. People like to do what they are good at or what they think they are good at, which is not always the case in corporate scenarios. It is a general notion that there is much more freedom in entrepreneurship than having a job as you control the things in the former case.
- Desire For More Money – Money drives a lot of decisions. When you are able to make a living doing what you love it’s a win-win situation. On average, entrepreneurs earn 36% more per hour than the salaried employees.
- Relentless drive for success– It’s simple; individuals believe that it will take less time to become successful by starting a new business than working as an employee for the rest of their lives. Personal and professional goals both are met accordingly and the ability to design their lives strengthens to the argument.
- A New or Original Idea – Every business starts as an idea that later goes on to become a product. You get to create it from the bottom. There are many stories of innovations by various entrepreneurs. Those were all once just a thought — but entrepreneurs brought those ideas to life.
- Inspired By A Successful Entrepreneur – Successful people inspire other people to become successful like them. These starry-eyed hopefuls believe that becoming an entrepreneur will allow them to network with people who have already built something. They think that they have enough potential to find the next profitable idea and earn decent income.